Fiction E-books in the itch.io Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality
I went through all 1741 items in the bundle and made a list of the static/passive fiction — i.e. all the novels, short stories, zines, and comics that are available in .pdf or .epub forms. This list excludes things like tech how-to books, nonfiction articles, and storytelling TTRPGs (unless they included a readable fiction component), as well as interactive fiction and visual novels.
I did my best but probably overlooked something, so I appreciate help making this list complete!
- Avery Chase – EP1: Apparition — Comic. “On a seemingly simple mission to retrieve some questionable material, we're introduced to our first look of our protagonist Avery Chase – a space man doing the hard and dangerous space jobs for hard earned space cash.”
- Books & Bone — Novel. “A Librarians-and-Necromancy Fantasy Novel with Small Town Charm in a City of the Dead.”
- Chameleon Moon — Novel. “A flamingly gay paranormal gospel of hope in the face of certain doom.”
- Combed Clap of Thunder — Short story collection “centered around themes of emotional and spiritual confusion.”
- Embedded Heart — Novel. “Mell and Kettec are attracted inexorably to one another, but to survive, the pair will have to navigate the twisted underground passages and the equally warped government of Capath. Even if they are able to escape these trials, a greater disaster looms... “
- Everyone on the Moon is Essential Personnel — “Sixteen stories of mid-apocalyptic science fabulism, body horror fairy tales, queer Catholic cyberpunk, and blue-collar resistance.”
- Fall Diary — Autobio comic collection. “Feel like watching a 23 year-old get drunk, go to the dentist, and struggle to graduate from art school, all for your entertainment?”
- Griphotikon | Book 1 — Zine + audiobook demo. “It tells of a people of tiny animals, whose quotidian life takes place in the town of Griphotikon, built into the mail slot of a higher being's apartment.”
- I Signed Up To Be The Substitute Familiar Of A Struggling Witch To Pay My Bills And I'm Just Now Realizing What I Got Myself Into — Illustrated light novel.
- I Think — Zine, featuring a sci-fi short story, a related poem, and an author Q&A.
- Long Lost Boys of Nowhereland — Novel. “Nibs lived like most any other Lost boy in Nowhereland, without much of anything to his name except a nest in the big trees of the Snowy Wood.”
- Moon Child & Sun Knight — Illustrated light novel. “...a dark web of lies surrounds the throne, and when assassins strike, Cally is the only one left who can save the Kingdom.”
- My Friends And I Were Granted Three Wishes By A Cat Goddess And I Swear I Got Distracted When My Turn Came Around — Illustrated light novel.
- My Friend Took Me To A Feline Therapy Place For My Anxiety And I’m Starting To Wonder Where The Cats Are? — Illustrated light novel.
- Out from the Shadows (Forking Paths #3) — RPG zine, featuring a short fiction piece. “The game spread throughout this issue is New Forms, an eerie atmospheric chamber larp in the Nordic style, heavily inspired by the works of horror/weird fiction/philosophy writer Thomas Ligotti. “
- Philip K. Dick's Tony and the Beetles — Comic adaptation of the Dick story. “Tony and the Beetles tells the story of a young boy's last day on the planet he calls home.”
- Stake Sauce (Arc 1: The Secret Ingredient Is Love. No, Really.) — Novel. “...life still sucks when you’re a vampire who refuses to suck blood.”
- The Corrupted Kingdom — Short story collection. “Suspended in degradation, that dismal place draws people from all over the world.”
- They Stole The Moon — Short story/game/ritual. “It is about exploring how loss affects us, and acknowledging how we change and how we keep moving.”
- This Title in no way Denotes the Quality of the Writing in the Short Stories Contained Herein: A Collective — Story collection. “As I continue to move forward in life, I glance at my half finished projects, my want to do's, my have dones, and my will never be's. I long to finish most of them, and others I know I never shall. But at least these are done in one form or other.”
- Worlds Without Master Issue 3 — Fantasy magazine, including two short stories and a comic.