Weekly Links: September 12th
- I want to try making rock candy. This is a note to self.
- On that note... here is a recipe for a cement smoothie and edible rocks if you wish to eat rocks that have more substance than sugar and food coloring.
- Have you gone sicko mode on a mango lately? Here's your sign if you've been waiting for one.
- This week's menu is: frozen hashbrowns and smoothies (breakfast), lentil-kale salad with grilled cheese on dark rye (packed lunches), chicken noodle soup (dinner), and we're still working on finishing those cookies.
- That repository of vintage art I mentioned last week continues to grow and can now be found on github and itch.io.
- Heritage Type Co. also has some good free-to-use images.
- Flow is a very cool tool to mess with.
Cranesbill from Water-color sketches of plants of North America and Europe
- Guide to Photographing Mushrooms for Identification
- The fungal mind: on the evidence for mushroom intelligence
- The Intelligent Forest
- How the Pre-Raphaelites Became Obsessed with the Wombat
- Today I separated and transplanted the foxgloves I started in March into a larger container... fingers crossed that they survive the move and make some sexy flowers next spring.
- Two essays by Jordy Rosenburg: Gender Trouble on Mother's Day and Trans/War Boy/Gender: On the Primitive Accumulation of T.
- I made some collages with old sex ed worksheets. There are a couple more in this batch I haven't finished yet.